Published Jun 1, 2019
Main Article Content
Dwi Suci Rahayu
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute
Shade plants affect the microclimates around the plants which directly affect the population of arthropods, especially insects. Therefore, this research was needed to analyze the diversity and role composition of insects in Robusta coffee plantations based on different intensity of shade plants. Samplings of insects and parasitic nematodes were conducted in intercropping patterns of Robusta coffee namely mixed intercropping patterns, coffee-pepper intercropping patterns and coffee-banana intercropping patterns. In each intercropping pattern of Robusta coffee, samplings were conducted as much as ten plants using random sampling. Data analysis was done by calculating the Shannon-Wiener diversity index (H') and evenness index (E). The results showed that diversity index in all Robusta coffee intercropping patterns were < 3, indicating that the diversity of insects in all intercropping patterns was relatively. Insect diversity in coffee-pepper inter- cropping pattern is found higher than the one in either mixed intercropping pattern or coffee-banana intercropping patterns. Out of those intercropping patterns, insects from Formicidae family of Hymenoptera order was found to be the most dominant insects. The composition of insects in all of those three intercropping patterns has been mainly dominated by insects from the family of Formicidae and Hymenoptera order since they are natural enemy insects. Pratylenchus coffeaehas been confirmed as the most dominant nematode species in the three Robusta coffee intercropping pattern. P. coffeae had the highest population average of 3279 in coffee-pepper intercropping pattern.
How to Cite
Suci Rahayu, D., & Wiryadiputra, S. (2019). Diversity of Arthropods and Parasitic Nematodes Population in Intercropping Patterns of Robusta Coffee. Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal), 35(1), 33-41. https://doi.org/10.22302/iccri.jur.pelitaperkebunan.v35i1.348
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Distribution Pattern of Coffee Berry Borer (Hypothenemus Hampei) on Arabica and Robusta Coffee , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 30 No 2 (2014)
- Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Use of Trapping for Controlling of Coffee Berry Borer (Hypothenemus hampei) , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 22 No 2 (2006)
- soekadar wiryadiputra, Effect of picung (Pangium edule) plant extracts as a botanical pesticide on mortality of coffee berry borer (Hypothenemus hampei) , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 30 No 3 (2014)
- Irfan Fauzi, soekadar wiryadiputra, Population of Pratylenchus coffeae (Z.) and growth of Arabica coffee seedling inoculated by Pseudomonas diminuta L. and Bacillus subtilis (C.). , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 31 No 1 (2015)
- Asriyah Firdausi, Tri Agus Siswoyo, Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Identification of Potential Plants Producing Tannin-protein Complex for a-amylase as Botanical Pesticide , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 29 No 1 (2013)
- Dwi Suci Rahayu, Endang Sulistyowati, Effect of Pollen Feed on Parasitization and Predatism of Cephalonomia stephanoderis onHypothenemus hampei , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 30 No 1 (2014)
- Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Keefektifan insektisida cyantraniliprole terhadap hama penggerek buah kopi ( Hypothenemus hampei) pada ko pi arabika ( Effectiveness cyantraniliprole against coffee berry borer (Hypothenemus hampei)on arabica coffee. , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 28 No 2 (2012)
- Fakhrusy Zakariyya, Endang Sulistyowati, Dwi Suci Rahayu, Abundance of Pollinator Insect (Forcipomyia spp .) of Cocoa Under Some Shade Trees , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 32 No 2 (2016)
- Dwi Suci Rahayu, Niken Puspita Sari, Development of Pratylenchus coffeae in Biochar Applied Soil, Coffee Roots and Its Effect on Plant Growth , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 33 No 1 (2017)
- Endang Sulistyowati, Dwi Suci Rahayu, Merle Shepard, Gerry Carner, Auto-Dissemination of Beauveria Bassiana in Controlling Coffee Berry Borer , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 33 No 2 (2017)