Published Aug 31, 2012
Main Article Content
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute
A trial on cyantraniliprole 10% against coffee berry borer (Hypothenemus hampei) has been conducted on arabica coffee at Kalibendo Estate, in Banyuwangi regency, East Java. The altitude of the estate is about 650 m above sea level (asl.) and belongs to B type of climate classification according to Schmidt and Ferguson. Composite variety of arabica coffee at about four years old planted at the location was used as plant materials. Five levels of cyantranilprole dosage and two compared insecticides i.e: carbaryl 85% and lamda cyhalothrine 25 g/L have been applied as treatments and each treatment is replicated four times. Infestation of coffee berry borer (CBB) has been observed on berries in the field as well as on harvested berries and green coffee. The results revealed that cyantraniliprole 10% was very effective in suppressing infestation and population of CBB on coffee berries in the field as well as on harvested parchment and green coffee. The dosage of 2,000 ml/ha was the most effective and the highest level of efficacy against CBB until the last observation during 14 weeks trial. Application of cyantraniliprole 10% also has increased the production of green coffee harvested. The highest increase occurred on the treatment of cyantraniliprole 10% with a dosage of 1000 ml/ha, which it reached 62.87% higher compared to untreated treatment. Carbaryl and lamda cyhalothrine have effectiveness and efficacy level lower than the highest dosage of cyantraniliprole 10%.
How to Cite
Wiryadiputra, S. (2012). Keefektifan insektisida cyantraniliprole terhadap hama penggerek buah kopi ( Hypothenemus hampei) pada ko pi arabika ( Effectiveness cyantraniliprole against coffee berry borer (Hypothenemus hampei)on arabica coffee. Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal), 28(2), 100-110. https://doi.org/10.22302/iccri.jur.pelitaperkebunan.v28i2.203
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Distribution Pattern of Coffee Berry Borer (Hypothenemus Hampei) on Arabica and Robusta Coffee , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 30 No 2 (2014)
- Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Use of Trapping for Controlling of Coffee Berry Borer (Hypothenemus hampei) , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 22 No 2 (2006)
- soekadar wiryadiputra, Effect of picung (Pangium edule) plant extracts as a botanical pesticide on mortality of coffee berry borer (Hypothenemus hampei) , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 30 No 3 (2014)
- Irfan Fauzi, soekadar wiryadiputra, Population of Pratylenchus coffeae (Z.) and growth of Arabica coffee seedling inoculated by Pseudomonas diminuta L. and Bacillus subtilis (C.). , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 31 No 1 (2015)
- Asriyah Firdausi, Tri Agus Siswoyo, Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Identification of Potential Plants Producing Tannin-protein Complex for a-amylase as Botanical Pesticide , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 29 No 1 (2013)
- Dwi Suci Rahayu, Soekadar Wiryadiputra, Diversity of Arthropods and Parasitic Nematodes Population in Intercropping Patterns of Robusta Coffee , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 35 No 1 (2019)