Published Aug 31, 2012
Main Article Content
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute
Plantlet that has developed shoots and roots will have a high level adaptation in the field. The objective of this experiment was to improve the ability of planlet in shooting and rooting so that it is ready for acclimatization in the field. The increase ability in shooting and rooting of the planlet were conducted by adding various types of auxin in the media. The arabica coffee embryo of clone AS 2K which has entered the phase of the cotyledons was transfered into the treatment media containing half-strength of MS (Murashige & Skoog) macro and micro nutrient, vitamin B5, 30 g/L glucose, 100 ml/L coconut water, 50 mg/L AgNO3 added with the combination of IAA, IBA and NAA. The research was conducted by using completely randomized design with seven combined treatment i.e. 0.1 mg/L IBA, 0.1 mg/L NAA, 0.1 mg/L IAA; 0 , 1 mg/L IBA + 0.1 mg/L NAA, 0.1 mg/L IBA + 0.1 mg/L IAA, 0.1 mg/L NAA + 0.1 mg/L IAA; without auxin. There were 12 replications in every treatment and each replication consisted of five cotyledonary embryos. The parameters of observation were the root length, leaf number, leaf area, stem diameter, and height of plantlets. The observations were conducted in eighth weeks after cotyledonary embryo had shoots. The results showed that in the number of leaves and height of planlet parameters, the treatment without auxin was the best result compared to planlet with auxin addition. The addition of auxin varians and their combination did not significantly influent leaf area, root length and stem diameter parameters. The medium tested was optimum for the growth of shoots and roots of AS 2K arabica coffee.
How to Cite
Arimarsetiowati, R., & Ardiyani, F. (2012). Pengaruh penambahan auxin terhadap pertunasan dan perakaran kopi arabika perbanyakan Somatic Embryogenesis (The effects of shooting and rooting of arabica coffee propagation through Embryogenesis Somatic auxin uses). Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal), 28(2), 82-90. https://doi.org/10.22302/iccri.jur.pelitaperkebunan.v28i2.201
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Fitria Ardiyani, Morphological Characterization and Identification of Coffea liberica Callus of Somatic Embryogenesis Propagation. , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 31 No 2 (2015)
- Fitria Ardiyani, Sulistyani Pancaningtya, Morphological Variation of Somatic Embryos of Coffea arabica L. During Some Sub-Culture Periods , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 33 No 2 (2017)
- Rina Arimarsetiowati, Embryo Germination Development of Coffea arabica L.at Various Media Composition, Subcultures Stages and Embryo Size , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 33 No 3 (2017)
- Erwin Prastowo, Novie Pranata Erdiansyah, Rina Arimarsetiowati, Leaf Mineral Composition of Coffee Infected by a Hemileia vastatrix Fungus in Bondowoso, East Java , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 35 No 1 (2019)
- Erwin Prastowo, Rina Arimarsetiowati, Characteristics of coffee as a response to different environmental conditions in Lampung: I. Morphological variations , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 35 No 2 (2019)
- Erwin Prastowo, Rina Arimarsetiowati, Morphological Variations of Robusta Coffee As a Response to Different Altitude in Lampung , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 35 No 2 (2019)
- Rina Arimarsetiowati, Budi Setiadi Daryono, Yohana Theresia Maria Astuti, Endang Semiarti, Establishment of an efficient primary callus induction for embryogenic potential of Coffea arabica , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 38 No 2 (2022)