Published May 1, 2009
Main Article Content
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute
Teguh Iman Santoso
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute
Clonal plants that produced by somatic embryogenesis technique is one of the best choice to produce supperior clonal cacao (Theobroma cacao L.) planting materials. The somatic embryogenesis technique is a possible way for massive propagation, the outcome is true to type plants, the architecture similarity that the seedlings but there is not segregation like seedlings plants. At present mass production started of plantlets production until post-acclimatized plantlets of somatic embryogenesis cocoa was done at Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute. Distribution system of the planting materials to whole areas in form of as up-rooted post-acclimatized plantlet. Some problems identified to reduce probability of decreasing viability of up-rooted post-acclimatized plantlets and one of them is extreme internal water deficit. This research investigate of the influece storage condition (air tight and non-air tight) and box storage (mica plastic and cardboardbox). The first experiment result show, there is no significant different between mica plastic and cardboard box usage for storage of post-acclimatized cocoa pantlet. Viability of up-rooted post acclimatized cocoa plantlet influenced exactly by air tight and non-air tight storage condition. Air tight storage condition have better viability of up-rooted post acclimatised (81,58%) than non-air tight storage condition (65,00%). Leaf sanasence on air tight storage condition (10,33%) lower than non-air tight storage (32,58%). There is not significantly on volume storage per plantlet between 4.416 cm3 and 12.600 cm3. Relationship between fallen leaves and cocoa planlet viability follow negative linear correlation y = -1,4719x + 104,88 (R2 = 0,9772). The second experiment treatment showed that maximal storage periode of post cclimatized cocoa plantlet just until 6 days stored (97%) and not significant with 3 days one. Viability of post acclimatized cocoa plantlet decreased after 6 days storage period.Key words : Somatic embryogenesis, post acclimatized cacao plantlet, storage condition, box storage, volume storage, storage period and viability.
How to Cite
Soedarsianto, S., & Iman Santoso, T. (2009). Packaging of Post Acclimatized Somatic Embryogenesis Cocoa Plantlet (Theobroma cacao L.). Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal), 25(1). https://doi.org/10.22302/iccri.jur.pelitaperkebunan.v25i1.110
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Niken Puspita sari, Teguh Iman Santoso, Surip Mawardi, Distribution of Soil Fertility of Smallholding Arabica Coffee Farms at Ijen-Raung Highland Areas Based on Altitude and Shade Trees , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 29 No 2 (2013)
- Teguh man santoso, Soedarsianto Soedarsianto, Syamsul Bachri, Optimizing Period of Pre-Packaging and Pre-Planting of Somatic Embryogenesis Cocoa Plantlets , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 25 No 3 (2009)
- Teguh Iman Santoso, Pudji Rahardjo, Viability of post acclimatized plantlets of Robusta coffee (Coffea canephora) after storage , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 27 No 2 (2011)
- Teguh Iman Santoso, Adi Prawoto, Sudarsianto Sudarsianto, Cocoa Canopy Replacement to Increase Productivity and Plant Resistance to Vascular Streak Dieback , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 29 No 1 (2013)
- Teguh Iman Santoso, Muhammad Miftahudin, Yohana C Sulistyaningsih, Suryo Wiyono, Analysis of Secondary Metabolites as Potential Phytoalexins, Their Secretion Sites and Proposed Resistance Markers to Vascular Streak Dieback in Theobroma cacao L. , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 33 No 1 (2017)
- Fakhrusy Zakariyya, Agung Wahyu Susilo, Teguh Iman Santoso, Hardian Susilo Addy, Sulistyani Pancaningtyas, Role of Exogenous Salicylic Acid and Benzoic Acid Applications to Vascular Streak Dieback Disease Attack on Cocoa Seedlings , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 34 No 1 (2018)
- Willy Arnold Daniel Sekewael, Endang Pudjihartati, Teguh Iman Santoso, Effect of ascorbic acid on chemical content and viability of cocoa seed after storage. , Pelita Perkebunan (a Coffee and Cocoa Research Journal): Vol 35 No 2 (2019)